February’s ATS day saw the continuation of the new format. 6 shooters participated in the AM portion, and 7 shooters in the PM. ATS cadre will reassess this format after the April shoot, but it currently seems to be the way to roll.
March’s ATS day is superseded by the hosting of the ShivWorks Edged Weapons Overview course; details below:
This month, ATS is excited to be able to host Shivworks, Craig Douglas, for an Edged Weapons Overview Course. Range 1, Sat 21 March and Range 3 Sunday, 22 March, 2020. Contact email@example.com for more info, and to register.
From the Shivworks website:
The Edged Weapons Overview course is a two-day (16-hour) focused overview of knife application methods. Lots of people carry pocket knives for various reasons, but very few people have any training on how to deploy them effectively for self-defense. This course gives students a fundamental understanding of edged weapons. Like all ShivWorks courses, EWO is contextualized and presented through a minimalist framework to give students practical tools they can easily learn, remember, and put to immediate use. Please check our training calendar for upcoming offerings of EWO and other ShivWorks classes near you. Also, please review our refund policy before signing up for any class.
First Day (Eight Hours):
- The Criminal Assault Paradigm
- Managing Unknown Contacts
- Default Position and basic blows
- Tool Survey
- Robust Folder Deployment
- Theory of In-Fight Weapons Access
- In-Extremis application
Second Day (Eight Hours):
- Mobility and Zoning Issues of equal initiative encounters
- Plyometric Fighting Platform
- Point Theory, forward and reverse grip
- Conventional Edge introduction
- Refining the narrow angle
- Reverse Edge introduction
- The Functional Support Hand
- Specialty and Improvised Edged tools (push daggers, ice picks, screwdrivers, etc.). This module is largely based on what students bring to the class and wish to see addressed.
Please bring the following items with you to class:
- Comfortable clothes
- Wrap-around eye protection
- Mouthpiece and cup
- Preferred carry knives
- Trainer knives (if you have them)
- Positive attitude
- Open mind
ATS is pleased to be hosting the full line up of Veritac courses, beginning this spring, and wrapping up with an advanced course, in August.
Confirmed dates are:
SF Tactical Shooting Package 1, April 17/18/19. See https://shop.veritacsolutions.com/collections/training/products/sftp1 for more information, and to register. Note the dates on the website should read 17-19 April.
SF Tactical Shooting Package 2, June 19/20/21. See https://shop.veritacsolutions.com/collections/training/products/sftp2 for more information, and to register.
SF Tactical Shooting Package 3 August 28//29/30. See https://shop.veritacsolutions.com/collections/training/products/sftp3 for more information, and to register.
Director – Abbotsford Tactical Shooters