Due to some travel schedule conflicts, an abbreviated ATS day was run on May 26- a big ‘thanks’ to Igor R., for running the condensed group through its paces.
June’s shoot is Sunday the 23rd.
Range 3, 0930, for the regular shoot (set up and safety brief); RSVP, if you plan on attending. Standard round count, 250 rnds per platform (birdshot for the shotguns), $20 drop in fee.
For the Veritac Alumni, if I get 2+ response from you, we will do some bluegun drills from 0830 to 0945, with live fire from 1000 to 1030. Note, if you are not there for the AM bluegun, you won’t shoot the live fire- no exceptions.
A gear note, no Serpa and Serpa style holsters are allowed. Holsters are expected to be model specific, hard moulded holsters without floppy retention straps, that do not collapse after the gun is drawn; no generic nylon holsters are permitted.
As well, a reminder for this summers training opportunities;
Shivworks ECQC course, next 19-21 July.
The ShivWorks Extreme Close Quarter Concepts (ECQC) course is a two-and-a-half-day (20- hour) block of instruction that offers a multi-disciplinary approach to building functional, combative handgun skills at zero to five feet. The course is designed to instill core concepts of seamless integration and provide the platform for aggressive problem solving during a life or death struggle at arm’s length or closer. We emphasize the common body mechanics that apply across different skill sets. That way, all combative software is reinforcing. Once students’ skill sets are ingrained, they will be stress inoculated with force-on-force drills using marking cartridges and protective equipment.
Contact info: email@example.com
Cost is USD $450, plus $50 range fee. In addition, sim will be charged, based on usage.
SF Tactical Shooting Package 3
28-30 June 20 hours
This course will be instructed by Jeff de Groot, a former special forces operator/assaulter with JTF2. This is an opportunity to receive quality instruction from a member of one the most secretive and elite special forces units in the world.
This is the third course in a graduated programme aimed in refining participants tactical shooting ability into an operationally viable skill set through confirmation and mastery of the principles of tactical shooting and practice of advanced shooting skills.
The course covers the following:
- Range safety review
- Static shooting review
- Walking turns
- Shooting on the move
- Shooting on the clock (skills)
- Unorthodox shooting positions and use of cover
- Principles of tactical trauma
The graduated SFTP programme is a 3-stage approach to building core competency through training and experience within the individual. Participants will be evaluated after each package and provided with a recommendation for progression.
Optional specialty ratings can be obtained after completion of the graduated SFTP programme.
- Clothing appropriate for the weather and climate conditions of the day. These are physically demanding days so clothing appropriate for hard use is recommended. Tactical pants, shirts and jackets are recommended. Ball cap or appropriate headwear.
- Appropriate footwear. Tactical boots, hiking shoes, or outdoor sneakers are recommended.
- Eye, Ear and Glove protection
- Knee pads
- First Line belt or Riggers Belt recommended
- Second Line Rig. Chest Rig recommended
- Body armour, or plate carrier and other PPE as utilized operationally
- Mag pouch to hold 3 -6 rifle mags, and 4 pistol mags
- Pistol holster (SERPA or any index-finger actuated holster NOT PERMITTED)
- Tactical rifle sling, no 3 pt
- Modern serviceable primary weapon. AR15 preferred. Bullpup OK Combloc OK. Optics (red dot, HWS, magnified, or irons OK), sighted in at 100m.
- Modern semi-automatic pistol.
- Minimum 600 reliable rounds for primary weapon (frangible desired)
- Minimum 400 reliable rounds for secondary pistol (frangible desired)
- IFAK, TQ (CATSor SOFTT recommended), Olaes bandage and Chest Seal. We will complete kits for purchase
- Repair and spare kit, multi-tools, CLP
- Paper, Pen and Stuff (PPnS)
- Hydration, Nutrition
Please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org if you are deficient in your kit.
Director – Abbotsford Tactical Shooters