The first shoot of the year was a huge success, in spite, or perhaps because of, the “somewhat inclement weather”. The 9 shooters out had a great time, with the skill level allowing for a larger number of movement drills to be practiced. The dry fire early AM portion was well received, and will form a component of the syllabus, for the next while.
The next shoot will be February 25th, 0830 dryfire start for Veritac alumni, 0930 start for the balance of the day. 250 rounds per platform (birdshot for the shotguns), range 3.
February 24th is the first CQB shoot of the year- see below for additional details.
Action Rifle League Shooters
On Saturday 24 February 2018, Action Rifle League invites you to the first Close Quarter Shooting Series of 2018 at the Abbotsford Fish and Game Club.
Action Rifle League has put together a series of competitions in BC in an effort to get people off the bench and into the exciting world of competitive shooting. Nothing other than basic/safe gun handling skills needed! We use a fine balance of “Big Boy” rules and at the same time have multiple layers of safety in place. Participants will shoot snap matches, rapid fire matches, move and then shoot, shoot rifles until empty and then transition to pistol. Time will be short so drills better be smooth! Wipe the bench rust off your ARs, your Type 97s, your RFBs, your 858s, your SKSs or whatever center fire rifle you have. Got an Enfield or K98 you want to try? Bring it out, but be ready to work that bolt faster than you ever thought possible! Targets are anywhere from 10 to 35 meters away. You can’t miss right?!
Participants will to need to bring a few things:
- A rifle. Semi autos are the standard, but feel free to bring a military style bolt gun if you like.
- All rifles must have five (5) detachable magazines capable of holding 5 rounds each OR be capable of being loaded quickly with stripper clips.
- Sights for your rifle. Scopes, red dots, Elcans, irons or whatever, it’s your choice!
- A sling for your rifle which will allow the rifle to hang in front of you, not over your shoulder.
- A reliable pistol with 2 magazines and a holster with at least one level of retention.
- You are also going to need some way to carry all your stuff. Tac vests, belt kits, chest rigs or just big pockets are all viable options. Whatever you prefer!
- 150 rounds of your favorite rifle ammo and 50 rounds of pistol ammo should cover you for the day.
- Eye and hearing pro are mandatory.
Dress for the weather and lunch will be available from a food truck/ trailer. Mandatory range safety briefing will take place at 09:00 and all participants must attend. DO NOT BE LATE FOR THE BRIEFING! If you don’t attend the briefing, you don’t get to shoot. We have lots of safety issues to run through and squadding to organize.
Match fees are $50.00 for non-members or $40.00 if you are a member of Abbotsford Fish and Game Club.
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Spaces are limited so register NOW!
Bring a positive attitude and come give this a try. It’s perfect for those that have never shot a competition before and fun is guaranteed! Just ask anyone who shot the last match!
Only hits count!
Director – Abbotsford Tactical Shooters