- Chilliwack/Vedder: conditions are low and clear! There are still a few Chinook around; mostly being caught up top as most of the fish are in the hatchery. Summer run Steelhead have not shown up yet, but there are winter run still being hooked below the crossing! The Sockeye have been trickling in steadily. There is no Sockeye retention in the Vedder! The trout fishing and white-fish angling is rather good right now – use baits of krill, single egg, use minnow patterns, spratley’s and muddlers. White Springs and Pinks are next.
- Fraser: has dropped considerably! Boat traffic is heavy as the river is closed to salmon fishing but sturgeon fishing is truly excellent! Best baits are salmon parts, eels, row bags and pike minnow. DFO has moved the opening to August 20th or until further notice. NO salmon fishing until then……civil unrest may occur again!
- Chehalis: open for chinooks and summer run Steelhead. Best baits are roe, prawn, egg sacks and jigs.
- Harrison: good for cutthroats and rainbows. Best baits are small minnow patterns, stone fly patterns, spoons, crockodiles and krill.
- Local Lakes: Stacey just stocked with with rainbows! East Harrison fishing well. Kawkawa is producing. Jones has small rainbows but big cutthroat. Kokanee near bottom – 35-45ft – use krill shrimp and single eggs.
- Interior Lakes: Angling has picked up again especially mid and high elevation watersheds. Best baits are chrionomids, leeches, may flies, blood worms, damsel flies and shrimp. Trolling with flat fish, hot shots, roaster tails, spinners and luck bugs!
Loren Sherbina – Chair
Brian McCarthy – Co-Chair
Elaine Ridout – Co-Chair