As anticipated, given the spotty nature of this year’s summer” weather, most shooters elected to pursue ‘alternate’ activities, so only 5 shooters on th line. A solid day of the basics.
The ECQC Course was fully booked, with 18 participants in the ring. Having hosted a number of the Shivworks courses, this was certainly the best, to date. Fantastic grou of students, combined with the absolutely top notch instruction, meant everyone let happy upon completion. Next year’s Edged Weapons Overview should be a similar success.
August’s shoot is Sunday the 25th.
Range 3; 1030, for the regular shoot (set up and safety brief); please RSVP, if you plan on attending. $20 drop in fee.
For the Veritac DSTO and SFTSP-3 Alumni, if I get 2+ response from you, we will do some bluegun drills from 0845 to 0945, with live fire from 1000 to 1030. Note, if you are not there for the AM bluegun, you won’t shoot the live fire- no exceptions.
- Clothing appropriate for the weather and climate conditions of the day. This is a physically demanding day, so clothing appropriate for hard use is recommended. Tactical pants, shirts and jackets are recommended. Ball cap or appropriate headwear.
- Appropriate footwear. Tactical boots, hiking shoes, or outdoor sneakers are recommended.
- Eye, Ear and Glove protection
- Knee pads
- First Line belt or Riggers Belt recommended
- Second Line Rig. Chest Rig recommended
- Body armour, or plate carrier and other PPE as utilized operationally
- Mag pouch to hold 3 -6 rifle mags, and 4 pistol mags
- Pistol holster (SERPA or any index-finger actuated holster NOT PERMITTED. Holsters are expected to be model specific, hard moulded holsters without floppy retention straps, that do not collapse after the gun is drawn; no generic nylon holsters are permitted)
- Tactical rifle and shotgun sling, no 3 pt
- Modern serviceable primary weapon.
- Optics (red dot, HWS, magnified, or irons OK), sighted in at 100m.
- Modern semi-automatic pistol.
- Pump action or semi auto Shotgun.
- Minimum 250 reliable rounds for primary weapon
- Minimum 250 birdshot rounds, #7.5 or 8 for the shotgun
- IFAK, TQ (CATSor SOFTT recommended)
- Repair and spare kit, multi-tools, CLP
- Paper, Pen and Stuff (PPnS)
- Hydration, Nutrition
Director – Abbotsford Tactical Shooters