ATS is the 22nd, this month.
Range 3, 0930, for the regular shoot; RSVP, if you plan on attending.
Standard round count, 250 rnds per platform (birdshot for the shotguns).
For the Veritac Alumni, if I get 2+ response from you, we will do some bluegun drills from 0830 to 0930, with some potential live fire at the end of the regular ATS day (probably 1400-1500, +/-). Note, if you are not there for the AM bluegun, you won’t shoot the live fire- no exceptions.
A gear change up; please note, unless a special exception is given, Serpa and Serpa style holsters are not. Holsters are expected to be model specific, hard moulded holsters without floppy retention straps, that do not collapse after the gun is drawn; no generic nylon holsters are permitted.
Please RSVP if you plan on attending.
The next CQB shoot is Sat, 04 Aug (the long weekend):
Action Rifle League shooters –
On Saturday 4 August 2018, Action Rifle League invites you to participate in the Close Quarter Shooting Series 2018 at the Abbotsford Fish and Game Club. Please note that this is the August long weekend.
Action Rifle League has put together a series of competitions in BC in an effort to get people off the bench and into the exciting world of competitive shooting. Nothing other than basic/safe gun handling skills needed!
We use a fine balance of “Big Boy” rules and at the same time have multiple layers of safety in place. Participants will shoot snap matches, rapid fire matches, move and then shoot, shoot rifles until empty and then transition to pistol. Time will be short so drills better be smooth! Wipe the bench rust off your ARs, your Type 97s, your RFBs, your 858s, your SKSs or whatever center fire rifle you have. Got an Enfield or K98 you want to try? Bring it out, but be ready to work that bolt faster than you ever thought possible! Targets are anywhere from 10 to 35 meters away. You can’t miss right?!
Participants will to need to bring a few things:
- A rifle. Semi autos are the standard, but feel free to bring a military style bolt gun if you like.
- All rifles must have five (5) detachable magazines capable of holding 5 rounds each OR be capable of being loaded quickly with stripper clips.
- Sights for your rifle. Scopes, red dots, Elcans, irons or whatever, it’s your choice!
- A sling for your rifle which will allow the rifle to hang in front of you, not over your shoulder.
- A reliable pistol with 2 magazines and a holster with at least one level of retention.
- You are also going to need some way to carry all your stuff. Tac vests, belt kits, chest rigs or just big pockets are all viable options. Whatever you prefer!
- 150 rounds of your favorite rifle ammo and 50 rounds of pistol ammo should cover you for the day.
- Eye and hearing pro are mandatory.
Dress for the weather and lunch will be available from a food truck/ trailer.
Mandatory range safety briefing will take place at 09:00 and all participants must attend. DO NOT BE LATE FOR THE BRIEFING! If you don’t attend the briefing, you don’t get to shoot. We have lots of safety issues to run through and squadding to organize.
Match fees are $50.00 for non-members or $40.00 if you are a member of Abbotsford Fish and Game Club.
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Spaces are limited so register NOW!
Bring a positive attitude and come give this a try. It’s perfect for those that have never shot a competition before and fun is guaranteed! Just ask anyone who shot the last match!
Only hits count!
Director – Abbotsford Tactical Shooters