- Vedder: will fully open July 1st. River is extremely high, please watch your footing as there is a high stream advisory in effect.
- Chehalis: water high but is fishable for trout. Bait is best in backwater.
- Fraser: water is high and dirty with big debris flowing down from the north. Be careful when boating! Sturgeon still being hooked. There has been no word from DFO on opening dates for salmon. Oolichons and squaw fish are the ticket!
- Pitt River: is giving those who own jet boats ‘big’ Bull treat in large numbers, plus Rainbows and Cutthroat. Contact Pitt River lodge or Chad at Dart & Tackle for more information. Simply the jewel of the lower mainland!
- Harrison: giving fly fishermen great angling for Rainbows & Cutthroat. Water is high look for backwater and creek mouths.
- Seymour: is still closed due to slide at twin bridges.
Are beginning to pick up again. At Waleach use worms, krill and roe sacks or gangtrolls with quickfish. Chilliwack and Harrison lake troll baits like soft plastics and herring or large quick fish.
From Merritt to Quesnel are producing big trout in large numbers. Good bets are Corbett, Douglas Lake, Logan, Roche, Quesnel, Horse and Horsefly lakes as well as Higgins and Sheraton.
Tight lines, take a kid fishing!
Chair: Loren Sherbina
Co-Chairs: Brian McCarthy, Elaine Ridout-Sherbina